Social Security Disability Benefits
When a medical condition prevents you from being able to work and earn a living, filing for Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits can help you secure the financial support you may need to cover your expenses without an income.
Unfortunately, however, the process associated with getting these federal disability benefits can be complicated and challenging, especially for people who may impairments that affect their abilities to stay organized, remember certain details, etc.
At Murphy & Associates, PLC, our Louisville SSD lawyers are committed to helping disabled people overcome such obstacles so they can secure the benefits they need and deserve. With our skilled attorneys on your side, you can be confident that:
- Your rights and interests will be protected.
- All deadlines for your claim will be met.
- Experienced lawyers will handle all of the bureaucracy and complicated administrative work necessary to help you obtain the full amount of benefits to which you are entitled.
Determining Eligibility for SSD Benefits
Generally, determining whether someone is eligible for federal disability benefits is the first step our Louisville SSD attorneys will take when meeting with clients for the first time. As part of this evaluation, our lawyers will usually:
- Assess the nature and severity of a person’s condition, impairment or illness (by reviewing medical reports, etc.)
- Determine whether the condition meets the SSA’s definition of disability
- Figure out what type(s) of benefits that individual qualifies for, as people may eligible to receive SSD benefits and/or Supplement Security Income (SSI)
How We Can Help You
For those who qualify for benefits, our Louisville disability lawyers can:
- Complete all necessary forms and paperwork to initiate the benefit application (or an appeal)
- Compile all essential supporting documentation, which can include (but may not be limited to) doctors’ reports, medical test results, etc.
- Assemble documentation regarding applicants’ work records
- Provide our clients with superior representation during any and all hearings regarding their claim
- Avoid the common mistakes and pitfalls that lead to delays (or even wrongful denials)
- Provide our clients with honest answers to give them realistic expectations while assuaging their concerns
Contact a Louisville Disability Attorney at Murphy & Associates, PLC Today
Do you need help obtaining disability benefits? Have your attempts to get benefits been met with denials? If so, you can rely on a trusted Louisville disability attorney at Murphy & Associates, PLC for help obtaining the Social Security disability benefits you may deserve. Our team of lawyers is experienced at and dedicated to:
- Helping our clients navigate the complexities of the Social Security Administration
- Pursuing appeals when their prior attempts to secure benefits have been wrongly denied
- Doing what it takes to help our clients obtain the full amount of disability benefits to which they are entitled