Truck Accidents & Wrongful Death
Nearly 4,000 people are killed in truck accidents each year in the U.S.1 What may be just as concerning as this are the facts that:
- When truck accidents happen, the occupants of passenger vehicles are about 4 times more likely than truck occupants to experience serious, if not fatal, injuries.
- In about 88 percent of all large truck accidents, the behavior or actions of the truck driver were a significant contributing factor to the collision.
- There has been an increase in large truck accidents in the U.S. in recent years.
At Murphy & Associates, PLC, our Louisville wrongful death attorneys understand that no amount of money can ever make up for the loss of a loved one. We also know, however, that pursuing wrongful death cases against the parties responsible for fatal truck accidents can be key to obtaining the compensation necessary to properly put a loved one to rest and start overcoming their own profound grief.
That is why our Louisville wrongful death attorneys are dedicated to advocating the rights of families who have lost loved ones in fatal accidents – and we won’t rest until our clients secure the compensation and justice they deserve.
After Fatal Truck Accidents: Who’s Liable?
After fatal truck accidents, there may be various parties responsible that can be held liable in wrongful death lawsuits, depending on the specifics of the accident. In particular, liable parties can include (but may not be limited to):
- Truck drivers in the event their negligence behind the wheel has caused a deadly collision
- Other motorists when their reckless or negligent actions play a role in causing a truck accident fatality
- Trucking companies when they fail to fulfill their legal obligations and, in doing so, contribute to fatal truck accidents
- Other parties, such as those responsible for the safety of the roads, the manufacturers of defective vehicle equipment, etc
When it comes to establishing liability and crafting our clients the strongest possible cases, our attorneys may:
- Review police reports and truckers’ logs
- Re-interview accident witnesses
- Analyze the contents of trucks’ electronic onboard recorders (EOBRs)
- Investigate a trucker’s and/or trucking company’s history of compliance (or noncompliance) with state and federal trucking regulations
- Retain expert witnesses to verify the causes of fatal truck accidents
- Take any other necessary action to bring our clients’ cases to successful resolutions
Financial Recovery after Fatal Truck Accidents
At Murphy & Associates, PLC, our Louisville wrongful death lawyers have extensive experience maximizing our clients’ financial recoveries following fatal truck accidents. These recoveries can include compensation for:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Outstanding medical bills and emergency treatment costs
- Lost future earning capacity
- Loss of consortium (companionship)
- Mental suffering
- Other losses
Louisville Wrongful Death Attorney at Murphy & Associates, PLC
If you have lost a loved one in a fatal truck accident, you can turn to a trusted Louisville wrongful death attorney at Murphy & Associates, PLC for experienced help pursuing compensation and justice. Our team of experienced lawyers is committed to advocating our clients’ rights while holding negligent parties accountable in any legal setting.
Let us put our experience, dedication, skills and resources to work helping you.
1: According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration