Birth injuries are often the result of improper care provided by a doctor or hospital during childbirth. Such injuries can be devastating and present serious physical, emotional, and financial challenges for a family.
Negligence that occurs before, during, or shortly delivery of a child can result in unnecessary injuries, including:
- Laceration, abrasion, subgaleal hematoma, or other trauma resulting from excessive force or improper use of forceps or vacuum extraction during delivery
- Brachial plexus injury, Erb palsy, or other peripheral nerve injuries resulting from mishandling of infant during delivery
- Neurapraxia, cranial nerve injury, paralysis, and other spinal cord injuries resulting from improper delivery or failure to diagnose macrosomia
- Cerebral palsy or brain injury caused by unnecessary asphyxia, hypoxia, excessive force during delivery, or other medical and hospital errors
- Premature birth resulting from a urinary tract infection, incompetent cervix, or other condition that could have been treated
- Complications resulting from unnecessary premature birth
- Failure to respond to signs of fetal distress
- Failure to diagnose or treat newborn conditions
Birth injury claims can be extremely complex, and it is imperative that you hire an attorney with experience handling medical and hospital negligence claims. Murphy & Associates is comprised of a team of experienced litigators who will work hard to win the compensation your family deserves.We welcome your call or email from anywhere in Kentucky. If you believe your child may be suffering from a birth injury that could have been prevented, contact us today for a free consultation at (502) 473-6464. If you are unable to come to the office, our Louisville Birth Injury Attorneys can arrange a time and place to meet you at your convenience.
About Murphy & Associates
Murphy & Associates is made up of a team of experienced and professional attorneys. We will seek justice by your side every step of the way. As one of our clients, you can expect trustworthiness, loyalty and guidance throughout the entirety of us working together. Contact us today by giving us a call for a free case evaluation.